Thursday, November 5, 2009

It's The Simple Things


I have discoverd that my sleeping issue was solved by a simple thing.  I have at different times tried, Benadryl, Tylenol PM, a shot of tequila, hot cup of Sleepy Time Tea, reading, and sex to see if I can get a really good nights sleep. None of it works for any length of time. 

The Bendryl and Tylenol, just make me groggy the next day.  The tea makes me have to get up and pee at least 3 times during the night.  The shot of tequila makes me feel like I am one step away from "Leaving Las Vegas."  Reading makes me want to keep reading.  Greg is wonderful but sex at our age every night would make me a widow.

I stumbled on my solution quite by accident.  I was in Costco roaming the isles and came upon the bed sheets.  They had a whole bunch of flannel sheets in wonderful colors.  Now I hate spending money on sheets because they are so damm expensive...especially in the king size version.  But here piled high as they only can in Costco were flannel sheets from Portugal.  I thought...winter is coming...maybe it would be cozy to sleep in flannel.  And at under $40 for a king size set of flannel sheets, in a beautiful sage green with leaves blowing around the pattern...well, I couldn't pass them up.

I was pleasantly surprised because they make me sleep soooo much better!  I love the feel of them on my skin, I am cozy all night, the color is soothing.  I love my flannel sheets.  I wonder if Greg will start getting jealous...he is really not the jealous type and he'd have to wake up to notice, because I think the flannel is working it's magic on him also!

No comments: