Thursday, November 12, 2009

Hoop Dancing


Recently I have felt like I was hoop dancing.  No, I was not graceful nor did I have any rhythm.  So many times in life we are required to jump through the hoops.  It seems that as we get more desperate, whether it be because of job loss, need for approval or a requirement of survival within the system we live and work...we start adding more and more hoops to jump through.

To "be" in society you must swing "some" hoops.  It is better if we can interact without aggression...to be able to make relationships that are healthy...to share our support with others.  But there will be times when you have to make a choice.  Do I swing one more hoop or do I keep taking on more hoops to jump through.

I always thought hoop dancing looked beautiful and fun.  Once I connect it to life choices there are limits!  I have the hoop of family, dog, friends and career...4 precious hoops that I am willing to life dance with...in my mind I am beautiful while I dance!

Recently someone tried to give me one of their hoops and in my brain I thought @#$%^.  What to do, how can I maintain my balance with the hoops that I want to dance with and not take on the hoops that others want to give me because they take every hoop given to them. 

YOU JUST SAY NO.

Now, they tried to give me a little shame for saying NO. But when you have 4 of the best hoops around, it is easy to push the shame back and say, "NO."

Rejecting a hoop that is not good for you...feels so awesome!

No comments: