Monday, August 10, 2009

Enzo's First Hair Cut


I must preface this with a historical time line...I have cut Greg's hair for 32 years, I did cut Peter's hair for at least 14 years and I cut Connor's hair for 18 years. With that said, I have had a successful career of hair cutting without the licence. On the other had as Greg so "kindly" pointed out, our dear Yoshi who has been gone almost 2 years...many times looked like a funny looking Ewok from Star Wars. Once in a while I would take him to the groomers and he would come home with a bow in his hair, which he promptly ripped out in the car. I never put a bow in his hair...I did occasionally dress him up as Santa, a Witch or put a dress on him...but never a bow.

Yesterday I had Greg rig up a leash and collar from the roof of the garage and I shaved Enzo. I could NOT...I admit cowardice, shave his face or feet. But I removed a ton of hair off his body and except for the gouge down to skin on his hind quarter (I did that to Connor once, on his head)...they hate it when you say Opps, he looked OK. Greg said he would look better if I bathed him because then the gouge wouldn't show up as much. The real test came when Rob came over for dinner. I didn't tell her that I had shaved him and she didn't burst out laughing at what a funny looking dog I had.

In the 32 years I have been cutting Greg's hair he has not whined or whimpered, he has on occasion growled. Enzo on the other hand looked really worried. So I think I'll take him to the groomer every other time...as long as she doesn't put a bow in his hair.

No comments: