Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Electric



I have often wondered if the electric we generate has something to do with our emotional state?


Sometimes I have noticed that my hair seems to have a life of it's own and that I can actually make it move without touching it, by moving my hand a few inches from my head.


I wonder if there are certain people who attract lightening. Their energy is on the surface of their body and during a storm they are like a lightening rod.


I did some research on the history of lightening and it is fascinating.


Early Greeks believed that lightning was a weapon of Zeus. Thunderbolts were invented by Minerva the goddess of wisdom. Since lightning was a manifestation of the gods, any spot struck by lightning was regarded as sacred. Greek and Roman temples often were erected at these sites, where the gods were worshipped in an attempt to appease them. The Moslem's also attributed lightning and thunder to their god. The Koran says "He it is who showeth you lightning and launches the thunderbolts."


On the other hand I wonder if positive or negative energy at work can cause one to generate electricity and...if this could be harnessed could we get extra pay for providing this fuel?

No comments: