Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Patients or Patience


My career is perfect for me.  I am paid to talk (my dad would get a kick out of that).  I get to people watch (my all time favorite thing). It changes every day, so I am rarely bored.  I earn a great salary for the local economy and I am needed

Sometimes though, I get the scary patient.  I find that with certain patients it is like watching a scary movie.  Scary movies are my least favorite but when there is a good one, it makes me want to pee.

I will get up several times during the movie because the tension is so incredible that I have to pee...and if I get to the bathroom and suddenly don't feel like I have to pee, I do anyway to make the trip worth while.  Once when I saw Jurassic Park for the first time I left the theater 4 times!  My older son finally came out looking for me and I was hanging out in the lobby killing time, in case I was gonna have to pee! LOL

So when I get the scary patient I also feel the need to pee.  The scary patient isn't necessarily scary in a dangerous way (they could be) but for me the scary patient is one with a med list a mile long followed by an allergy list that makes you wonder how they live on this planet.  They are the ones who's every waking moment is filled with fear, stress, anger and you are trapped in a small room where you must make them feel safe....then you have to pee.

I wonder what would happen if the scary patient had to first listen to your worries...but there it is...with the patient...you need to be patience.

No comments: