Sunday, August 16, 2009

Back to School

Today I was part of a "back to school" ritual. Shopping for new clothes and school supplies. It brought back some memories. The excitement and planning. Byron starts the 2nd grade, has pointed scissors on his list! There is no pleasure in doing the supply shopping alone, but I did see some mother's who were shopping on their own for their kids supplies! Where are the kids???

I can remember buying new pencils, crayolas and pencil carriers...it was what made the first day of school more exciting...when the Crayola's hadn't been broken and the pencils were sharp.

Byron is a very smart kid and given the right tools, the interest and choices he can be anything he wants too. Maybe someday I can look back and remember I bought pencils for him!

No comments: