Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Stink Eye

The last couple of days has been challenging. Enzo has given me the "stink eye" several times. We are definitely trying to figure out where we are in the pecking order of this house. I actually recognize this look...I think my kids have given me the stink eye once in a while.

It began with a bath. Then he did not want to have a leash on him but preferred to carry it around while growling. When I gave him a command he made a grrrrr sound and laid down to ignore me...so what did I do. I barked. Yep, I have resorted to barking. He pays attention then!

I actually think I may have discovered a new form of puppy training. If one could figure out what each bark meant you could use it to train the new puppy. When I bark at him he always jumps and then immediately comes over to get some loving pats on the back.

In San Francisco I have seen people cluck like chickens...so I guess barking isn't so bad for Oregon.

No comments: