Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Johnny Winter


He shuffled onto the stage. At 65, born an albino you could tell he felt older than his years. For the last 10 years he has been performing while sitting down. But....he still has got the magic. He brought a theater of baby boomers and a few youngin's to their feet. Greg has been following his music since he was a 17 year old...me, I never heard of him until Greg would speak of him.

The limits of my musical background as a teenager were 3 albums. The Beatles "A Hard Days Night," Dino, Desi and Billy and a Bill Cosby album. My household allowed only classical. The expansion of my musical appreciation has come through Greg. It was so much fun last night. Not only to listen to some great music, feeling the excitement around me (some people were dancing in the isle) but to see Greg's enjoyment.

Someday when my children are in their boomin' years they will attend a concert where some old guys named Metallica will shuffle onto the stage and play some music!

When Greg went to the restroom he came back and said someone was smoking a dobbie...LOL...some boomers were reliving more than the music!

No comments: