Saturday, December 6, 2008

Todai or not To Die

Todai's is a restaurant in Portland that draws a huge crowd and also a crowd that is huge in stature. It is a oriental buffet in an upscale mall in the middle of downtown. They serve not only all the oriental buffet type fare but unlimited sushi, crab and oysters. I have gotten sick to my stomach every time I eat there because it is so high in salt and I tend to eat more than I would normally.

Similarly there are relationships that in small doses are perfect but in large doses make you sick. Everyone has people in there lives who are fascinating and fun but by the time you have been together more than a couple of day you are tired.

So I make a choice to not eat at Todai's but to chose a place with good food and moderate portions that is yummy and enjoyable...just like I now choose to spend time in manageable increments with some people and they might feel the same about me....after all you want to walk away feeling contented not stuffed and suffering....so I choose not to die or Todai's but to feel good about the people in my life because anyway I look at it I am one blessed woman. (this whole line may only make sense to me...but it is my blog and I can make no sense if I want too...)

Update: since I haven't made a battle of the bulge up date lately I had better make one today. So my new strategy is working, it is something that I heard on satellite radio...every time I am going to eat something off my designated program I am going ask myself, "how will this bite make me feel in 5 minutes, 5 days or 5 months?" This has actually kept me from eating some things...a quiet pause...my brain doesn't know what to do with quiet pauses, so it works. Also shopping with Connor at the farmer's market this morning made me feel like cooking healthy...did you know that carrots come in a purple color...who eats purple carrots?

No comments: