Monday, December 15, 2008

Chicken Little Says The Sky is Falling!

I am related to a negative forecaster but she is not a chicken in any sense of the word. So when I receive the latest information of impending disaster I have to sift through the information for the nuggets of true.

Now the people who want to avoid all the negative information coming at us at hyper speed are doing a disservice to themselves and family. On the other hand the ones who take in every piece of the looming disaster, lose hope and live in a constant state of fear and anxiety.

It takes a fine balance to survive anything and in the case of the current state of the economy it not only take a balance of check book but a balance of emotion. It is wasted energy to run around worrying about the sky falling in and it costs too much too stock pile a survival kit. And if you don't already have Mormon friends this is not the time to suddenly get religion. You need to take stock of where you are both emotionally and economically. It is information gathering time. Then you figure out where you want to be in a year and you start working towards that goal. Positive force is what will get you there, not the chaos that some are participating in and not the head in the clouds view either....but step by step positive force. That means making choices that are not always what we thought we wanted but are what will make our plan come to fruition.

When I was losing a large amount of weight I stood on the scale each morning knowing that the numbers were high but I had a plan. I did not get panicky if the scale moved up a little or slowly down I used the information each morning to get me to my goal. No emotion, no depression, no screaming or jumping up and down that life is not fair...I took each day as a day I was in charge of my dream....

So may the force be with all out there in cyberspace who are looking for a clear goal to success.

No comments: