Monday, December 22, 2008

Count Down

Today was a day off from the man but I was still working for myself. I paid attention all day long to events around me so today's blog is just observations.

I had to go over to a rental that is empty and shovel snow. It had not been shoveled since the first snow hit and so the pile was humongous!!!!! I made sure I was doing it before my acupuncture appointment so I could have some relief from the manual labor. This subdivision requires the sidewalks in front of the homes to be shoveled also #$%^! But I have to say there is something really fulfilling about manual labor. I am not sure if it is the endorphins or it is because you get to see immediate results of your labor. I think I could be a landscaper in another life. While shoveling the sheriff came by and served papers to the house across the street, it must be really sucky to be served papers Christmas week.

By the time I got to the acupuncturist I was soaking wet. She always begins by asking about my pain, vertigo and any other issues. I told her that my pinky fingers have arthritis in them and they hurt...so she applied mustard seed patches to my little toes to help my pinky finger...isn't that weird! The body pathways are very interesting.

Then I made mistake #1, going to Costco during Christmas week and got told off my an old lady because I was in the way of the isle. I just smiled. Seems people get more and more irritated the closer Christmas gets. I refused to become fused like the rest of the people...I really want to enjoy Christmas week.

Mistake #2 going to Great Harvest Bakery. Besides a freshly bathed baby there is nothing that smells as good as bread baking. So I bought a variety and came away with $28 worth of bread!!! And not wanting to suffer alone I convinced the lady behind me to buy a loaf of Stolle de Noel bread. So at least I wasn't bad by myself.

I also baked cookies and a chocolate cake for book club tonight...and while the cake was baking I plowed my driveway and my neighbors driveway....opps her paper was buried in her driveway and so it was not only snowing but raining paper! It is amazing what a snow plow will do to The Bulletin.

So here it is 3:30 and I still have several hours left that will include the company of my book club. Seems I am very much like my parents in that I can pack a lifetime into one day.

No comments: