Tuesday, December 23, 2008

My Personal Festivus

There is a kiosk in Washington D.C. where instead of concert flyer's it has become a confessional of sorts. There is cleansing that occurs when you can confess anonymously. Festivus is a fictitious holiday according to the paper that was created by a father to celebrate the day he met his wife...their son ended up a writer on Seinfeld and it became a story line. It has evolved and the kiosk established. Now a business man dressed as a town crier reads aloud the rants and raves at noon each Sat. and Sun. Some are poignant, some tragic and some uplifting but they are the words that are said anonymously because they cannot be told to any one personally.

I find it somewhat sad that one cannot say what the heart feels without anonymity but I understand the fear of rejection and judgement. So the "Boomin' the Baby Along" blog was begun as my own Festivus kiosk where I can speak my truth....

This week my fliers posted on my blog kiosk are...

Wake up people, look each other in the eye and see a reflection of yourself.
Christmas lights are not worth risking your life to hang...but I love them
I love snow but come on....3 degrees!
Christmas is only a day, be kind every day
Be thankful for your roof, someone doesn't have one
So the flights can't get out its better not to rush the mechanic
I love Christmas cookies but my hips want to keep them all year
Sex should be band during the holiday, you're too tired and your hips don't look so good after all the cookies.

So there it is, my town crier says take or leave it but you gotta believe it!

No comments: