Monday, December 1, 2008

Random Muses

I love a person who doesn't take themselves so seriously that they can't see the humor in themselves or life. This Thanksgiving I met again a beautiful young woman, intelligent, kind but truly what makes me love her is that she can laugh at herself. Her duty this Thanksgiving was to make the sweet potato's. Who would have thought that a potato could cause so much discussion. There are dozens of varieties and she grew up in a family that knows there potatoes because of farming....but alas a sweet potato is challenging and after no help from my son (he has never eaten a sweet potato because for some reason without a relationship with them he has deemed them inedible) she made a batch of sweet-potatoes. I mean regular red potatoes with brown sugar, butter and nuts. They looked different and after much discussion we realized that in fact they were not made with a sweet potato. We laughed and laughed, it lighten the day and a family story was born...but truly the best part is she could laugh at herself.

I put up my Christmas decorations...more on this later...it feels weird to put up Christmas decorations when it is 52 degrees outside.

I am not sure how I feel about this month but I am going to ponder the changes and get back to me....a blog makes you funny.

No comments: