Thursday, December 18, 2008

Talent Scout

I realized that one of the reasons I get frustrated at work is that I am not viewed as talent! Mountain View Hospital in Madras has hired a new vice president and her title is, "Vice President of Talent!" Her resume includes being a former director of human resources so I am thinking that she is the one who does the hiring.

Previously she looked for resources that were human (ie. soylent green for hospitals) but now she is a talent scout. Personally I want to be hired by a talent scout! I think I would feel better about myself if my yearly review said I was talented. Nurses are never told they are talented just that they have met the requirement for the job. What the hey????

In reality each one of us beat out a pool of applicants for our jobs. We have to wear special clothing. We have to possess the talent to talk to a variety of social, ethnic and age groups. We have to be able to type at the same time we are speaking. The bending and stretching is similar to a dance routine. It takes talent to keep your heart rate at an even 70 when trying to save someones life. I am feeling the talent!

Maybe St. Charles can hire Jeff Probst to be the Vice President of Talent! Can you see it???? New to CBS, "Cascade Health, The Reality Experience" staring the talented Annie who can type and speak, holds her pee for 10 minutes and exceeds expectations in her own mind....ahhhh

No comments: