Sunday, November 2, 2008

Text Messaging

Thumbs or should I say little fingers....I have discovered arthritis in a very small spot of my body. For those of you that might say..."stop your whining, you wanna talk about arthritis!" This is serious! I am in the process of trying to perfect my text messaging and you really need nibble fingers.
Both of my children now live on the other side of the mountain and being of the male persuasion they do not care for long conversation but are more inclined to carry on a conversation with me via text messaging. Of course my cell phone is a short stubby free phone provided by my carrier for a contract that will last the rest of my natural life. The oldest son (DS#1) has a phone that is light weight, stream line, beautiful color, key board that looks like a computer key board and will play music designated to a specific caller! I hate the thought that my ring tone may be the theme from "Mommy Dearest!" Or he may have secretly taped me yelling for him to pick up his clothes when he was younger. So here I am with the cell phone company wanting me to update my contract and this time hoping to be smarter about the next contract....NOT....but at least get a phone in which I can use my arthritic fingers to text that does not weigh the same as the bag of chains for my tires.
The additional challenge is to learn the language of the test. I know using my brain on something new will increase it's wrinkles and of course keep senility away but give me a break...text messaging is not only physically painful but takes so damm long that I would just prefer to call but don't want that ring tone going off in public. My children have got me trapped. AND they are the only ones I can text. My husband (DH) never carried his until recently and just learned how to listen to voice mail. He will never be caught text messaging besides his free phone keyboard is so small he hits 3 keys with one finger. My mother (mommy dearest) is going on 79 and although has a new cell phone and uses it extensively for business has no clue how to text nor does she know how to pick up voice mail.
So as is the way of life I am adjusting my comfort zone for my children and will learn to text faster if only to prevent my ring tone from being activated.

No comments: