Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Depends or Dependence?

If you are not careful a relationship can foster dependence which in turn can be like wearing a pair of depends.

Maybe someday we are all faced with adding depends to our wardrobe. The secret back up pantie that will catch any leakage that is caused by a sneeze, laugh, fear, pushing a bowling ball size head out during childbirth or just standing there not doing a thing,but in the mean time we have to do our exercises that keep the muscles strong. So it is true about relationships....

If you are not careful you can become so dependent in a relationship that you loose your instinctive and emotional survival skills. Case in point, DH is out of town for the first time in over five years and I am left to fend for myself. A little tickle of fear exist especially when the damm garage door wouldn't close! Oh my god what am I going to do...my very first instinct was to call him! What the heck can he do, he's 8 hours away! Then I calmed down and walked around the garage realizing that a tarp was covering the sensor. I did this without leaking any urine! I had enough lights on last night that I got an email from the space station that they were trying to sleep and to turn the !@#$ lights off!

The upside to my temporary independence, I got to watch 4 episodes in a row of the Amazing Race and I got to sleep in the center of the bed. Most of all I realize that I need to keep refreshing my own set of survival skills and not let myself become complacent. And while I still do not need depends I do have to wear my big girl panties and take a moment to enjoy this independence and be grateful for a really awesome life.

No comments: