Friday, November 28, 2008

Pillow Talk

I survived Thanksgiving Day! I not only survived I had a wonderful time. I love the fact that people from different walks and talks can enjoy each others company. It is an interesting time in my life in that for the first time we were traveling to our adult children. So remember my previous blog about parental nugget...well we hit the gold mine! Hosted by my oldest with his sweetheart and son, the guest list included a couple of her siblings, her dad, step mom, stepbrother, my youngest, his sweetheart and us. The conversation was light, interesting, funny and the food was fabulous. There are definitely recipes to be exchanged.

The best part was to see our 2 sons and their sweethearts in relationship. Life does not have to be decisive or competitive, it can be filled with acceptance and love. This is a gift to both of us because we, in our bumbling efforts to parent created a space unlike our own childhoods where family could be in relationship and walk away with no battle wounds. Each generation learns from the previous, takes the good and leaves the bad and so it moves forward.

Update Battle of the Bulge: Well it was not as bad as years passed but I am telling you Sarah's sister Becky makes a stuffing that is a work of art, the turkey was so moist and yummy and there was so much dessert!!!!!!!!! My friend Martha would have loved every bite as I did.

No comments: