Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Monumental Day

I survived yesterday which was the worst day I have had in a long time. I felt my age all day long with a dose of vertigo thrown in...yikes. As if anyone needs vertigo on top of the spinning climate of the world!

The one great thing about being married to your best friend is that you can come home and be exactly who you are at that moment...ugly, nasty, bitchy and general the last person you would want to be with, let alone married. But after a nicely displayed tantrum about the day (truly nothing nice about it) I could settle down with a glass of wine and watch the world change before my eyes. Election Day, finally arriving and with all the excitement of waiting to see who gets voted off the island next!!!! Yes I am a Survivor junkie. Can you believe that a woman who barely has time to watch TV is hooked on Survivor.

In my life I have experienced racism first hand but now I am alive to see the first black president. It gets no better than this and with the book open each page will be filled with excitement, progress, hope and tragedies. There will be no going backwards, no burning this book and for me a hopeful future for my children and grandchildren.

And I commit to not throwing another tantrum this month...after all December isn't that far away!

No comments: