Saturday, November 29, 2008

$$$$$$$

It was an interesting Black Friday. I usually do not shop on this day because of the crowds but I do like the holiday feel of being out and about with the holiday feeling floating around. This year I am in Portland and so the son's sweethearts and myself went out and hit Macy's at 7 am. I was ready for the crowds and instead found myself on the trolley car alone and then when I got off I was several blocks from Macy's and it was dark and quiet. As I walked along I realized I was a little turned around and so was directed by cell phone by Greg towards the store (what did we do before cells). A little nervous I was amazed that I was alone. Occasionally I would wake up a homeless person in a doorway and exchange greetings. Jenn was coming towards Macy's from the PSU campus and Sarah was taking the MAX in from Beaverton. Well...there were no crowds, sort disconcerting because the reality is people do not have as much to spend. Great for us because there were no lines, service was great and we were done in less then 30 minutes!

It was the best Black Friday shopping I had experienced because I am more of a small store person then the mall type. I am basically an introvert and so I like those more intimate shopping experiences then the big crowds. Spending the rest of the morning with Connor always gives me a warm feeling. In the afternoon Greg and I headed to my favorite area 23rd street where we people watched and stimulated the economy. We did our part!

Update Battle of the Bulge: OK, the shrimp running on the treadmill is pissing me off! I can't run for 4+ hours although after a weekend of yummy holiday goodies and of course a stop at Moonstruck Chocolate...well it is to bad i am allergy to shell fish otherwise I would eat that shrimp and call it good.

No comments: