Friday, July 3, 2009

Serving Refreshments

Refreshments:
1.
something that refreshes, esp. food or drink.
2.
refreshments, articles or portions of food or drink, esp. for a light meal.
3.
the act of refreshing or the state of being refreshed.

Today is a day that I am serving refreshments to myself (and there by Greg) all day long. Greg no longer asks me how my day was...so I think, by serving refreshments to myself he will be refreshed. When life gets out of control you have to take a day and stop. Not collapsing on the couch in a huddle of despair, feeling sorry for yourself...but doing all the things that make you happy. By doing this you see yourself again, gather up your power, cast away sadness, drop the guilt, and are ready for life. Having refreshments reestablishes the armor you might require to withstand the pressures of life.

Today starts with sleeping in, having breakfast in bed with the paper, writing this blog, visiting Enzo, touching some fabric and finding something wonderful to BBQ. Oh and I wonder what is playing at the movies.......?

No comments: