Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Born In The USA

I'm a long gone Daddy in the U.S.A.
Born in the U.S.A.
I'm a cool rocking Daddy in the U.S.A.
Born in the U.S.A.
Bruce Springsteen 7/8/1984
It is truly amazing this urban myth that is creating a whirl wind life of it own...that the President of the United States...in NOT, a US citizen. Conspiracy theorists believe that President Obama was born in Kenya and therefore is a naturalized citizen, not eligible to hold the office of President. Yes, his father was Kenyan...yes his mother was an American...but she did not give birth in Kenya but in the state of Hawaii...who I am sure these same conspiracy theorist would say, is not a part of the US but a secret plot by the Japanese to establish military strong hold within striking range of the mainland. Also, they most likely believe that he really is the son of Osama Bin Ladin.
I find these people scary. But I feel secure that they are running scared, because if Rush Limbaugh is making sound bits about the possibility of the President not really be a "full" US citizen, then I know it is a ratings generated urban legend.
On the other hand, I could not be President...not because I am a woman...but because I am a naturalized citizen. I also had a US citizen for a parent. But my other parent was not a US citizen, and I was born on foreign soil....and no it was not Alaska! LOL Although I am sure the conspiracy theorist will think that the Russians are really building secret bases on the continent so as to be able to cross boarder undetected. Not any more. The minutemen, a self proclaimed boarder protection group are taking care of that...oh baby.

No comments: