Monday, July 13, 2009

Road Less Traveled

This past weekend I was on a road less traveled. It was dirt, narrow and uphill. For a few moments I was able to enjoy the adventure and the view. Within 5 minutes the road climbed, became narrower (could be the drop off was on my side) and turned into a rocky rutted road (say that 10 times fast).

As soon as it became physically uncomfortable, it became emotionally uncomfortable. My brain was hanging on for dear life. I felt bad about myself. The fear I was holding. I could not longer enjoy the adventure...I was worried about where we would end up...how we would ever turn around...and screw the view!

With in 20 minutes we found a wide spot in the road...not according to me...but then who would listen to a hysterical person. The way down was no better, even though I knew where our destination would be...all I could think about is why did I wear these damm flip flops?...I wasn't prepared for plan B...I could see the rescue workers faces now...poor folks, no emergency supplies, dressed for a picnic...not having to crawl out of a vehicle that lay at the bottom of a hill and hike miles across the desert!

Kinda like every day life, I want to be comfortable, know what is going to happen and be in charge of my life...wonder what book that exist in????

No comments: