Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Independence Day

Well, serving refreshments to myself yesterday is going to make the 4th of July an even better day! It is my favorite holiday!

I spent most of the day doing the things I wanted to do. Greg and I started off with breakfast in bed reading the morning paper. We parted for the day and I headed out to visit Enzo. He is absolutely a sweet heart and is going to take time to train....he is all boy, but then I have lived with boys my entire adult life. The sweetest thing was as I drove away all the puppies were running on the other side of the pen but Enzo (all by himself) ran to the side facing the driveway and watched me drive away.

Next was a simple pedicure, no polish. Then I headed to the movies. I watched, "The Proposal" a Sandra Bullock movie. It was funny, made me tear up and laugh out loud. Betty White had the best lines. After the movie I headed to Newport Market to buy some lean pork ribs. I did this because I wanted to have something different to BBQ and I have never made pork ribs...the butchers at Newport are chefs also...so, I was instructed on the proper way to BBQ pork ribs, handed the ONLY sauce that tastes good on them and sent on my way. Once home I made a batch of my favorite granola adding some blueberries I had dried.

Greg came home from his day of fun, asked how my day was. We had Happy Hour on the deck, listened to the thunder, felt a few rain drops and BBQ'd.

Perfectly served refreshment activities. It made me realize how important taking the time to do the things that refresh yourself. It gives you a smile back, your cup looks half full and you can thereby give back to your family, coworkers and the person who is standing next to you.

Today off to the Pet Parade for more refreshments!

No comments: