Friday, July 17, 2009

Nesting

Greg says I am nesting. The one bright spot these last few weeks has been the anticipation of a new dog. So, occasionally buying a squeaky toy makes me excited and gets me out of my doldrums. No matter how anxious or angry my co-workers get, I can manage a smile when I think about Enzo.

Where before deciding to take the dog plunge I would occasionally window shop at Macy's or the shops downtown...now it is Pet Express, Petco and Pet Mart. I watch videos about dogs, owning dogs, training dogs and dogs who are the star in the videos.

I feel much like most expectant mothers feels, impatient for the due date, preoccupied with books about the new arrival, studying how to be a good parent, and decorating with anticipation of the new arrival.

Less than a week and there will be messes, sleepless night and discipline???? Oh, I can't wait!!!!

No comments: