Friday, July 24, 2009

Jabez's Enzo


We have survived rather well our first night together. I have learned a lot this past 24 hours. Since he is a AKC breed from a licensed breeder if I register him he must be "on paper" known first by the breeders name, Jabez and then followed by his name.

secondly, puppy poop really stinks...no accidents in the house but a couple of pee pees on the deck. We are establishing a designated poop area.

He is reeeeaaaallly fast. I forgot how fast Charlie and Yoshi could run. This little guy at 10 weeks can out run me.

Last night he whined for about 2 minutes then fell asleep in his crate. Woke up about 2:30 to go out pee, whined for less than 10 minutes then fell asleep till 4:45...not bad for a first night. Although Greg looked funny sleeping with his shooter's muff in bed!

Enzo took to Greg immediately, much better than even myself. Actually I took to Greg really fast too. lol I had spent the entire day with him but as soon as Greg came home he ran over to him and was wagging his tail wanting to be petted. Dogs and toddlers seem to be drawn to his calm way.

And finally as a jewel in my crown, this morning he already responds to the command "sit"...boy is this going to be fun!

No comments: