Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Can You Hear It? Can You Feel It?

Summer is here! 80's-90's all week! I believe Central Oregonians really love our warm weather because we know it is short and sweet. Most people I know live large...meaning they get out and do the things they love. Whether it be water sports, hiking, walking the dog, or canning those fresh berries that only show up for a limited period of time.

How I wish I didn't have to be inside every day preparing for a computer conversion. But, these day it is still sweet in the evening and I rush home to just "be" and enjoy sitting outside on the deck, watching the squirrels, birds, deer and golfers. I get my moments to tend to my pots, trim my flowers, watch in amazement that my squash plant has doubled it's size since yesterday.

And with the view comes many strange and humorous sites. 2 drunks on out of control horses riding down the fifth green (boy is the greens keeper going to raising holy hell tomorrow). A English bull dog running ahead of a golf cart (golfer getting his game and dog walk in at the same time)...and the outfits...one woman dressed in a dress, cowboy boots and cowboy hat (didn't make her stroke any better). Summer is sweet, funny and everything tastes better.

No comments: