Sunday, July 12, 2009

New Vocabulary

I was listening to the radio while driving around and the DJ was talking about a couple of new words that have been added to the dictionary.

Frenemy: A person who is ostensibly friendly or collegial with someone but who is actually antagonistic or competitive.

Staycation: a stay-at-home vacation

It may be that both of these new additions are a result of the economy. You ask why? Well, you really can't afford to PO your co-workers or boss with this economy, because everyone needs their job. No job, no paycheck. So frenemies are born. People who smile to your face, compliment you on your outfit and as soon as you walk away call you a Beeatch. I have no frenemies, people I know fall into several distinct categories, friends, coworkers, and acquaintances. I think having frenemies would take too much thought and effort...maybe as the DJ said, I am more like a guy. Either friend or you suck.

Now, staycation is definitely a result of the economy. What I have found on my previous staycation this year is that it really gives you a chance to connect to the life you are living. Instead of running off to some exotic place to be who you really are not or hide from the life you left behind....and you saved some money.

No comments: