Monday, April 13, 2009

You Scammers...Be Careful About Bugging Me On A Monday!!

It could be as simple as it being Monday...or maybe I am just PO'd about people preying on others worries and fears...or maybe I just wanted to find out the truth. Whatever the reason when my phone rang this morning the ID didn't tell me who was calling and the phone number didn't appear to be a telemarketer. So I answered...damm...a computer voice told me that this was the final call I was going to receive about lowering the interest rate on my credit cards. In between the lines I heard, "you will lose everything if you do not take this call and it is going to be the last time we try to help you"...NOT!

I pressed #1 to speak to a person who was going to save my life and finances. I actually kind of felt sorry for the person who was going to get me as a customer. After a couple of transfers a real cordial person answered the phone. I paid attention to the back ground noise which told me that he was calling from a huge room of other telemarketers. Now sure, they need to work and earn a living...but making a living taking advantage of those who are fearful is no way to make a living, I'd rather hold a sign on the corner stating Gottshalk's is going out to business.

As soon as he took a breath in his speech I asked who he was. He stated he was from some credit card help company that wanted to help me lower the interest rates on my credit cards.
I asked, "Which cards?"
He said, "your credit cards."
I said, "exactly which cards are you talking about" (he didn't even have a clue what cards I had or didn't have)
He said, (in a snotty tone) "ALL YOUR MAJOR CREDIT CARDS!"
I said, (equally snotty tone) "I ONLY HAVE ONE CARD, SO YOU TELL ME WHICH ONE IT IS!
At which point he hung up on me. Felt slightly sorry that this is the way he had to make a living but calling me with a B*&^ Sh!*& line like that on a Monday. He deserved picking me.

No comments: