Sunday, April 19, 2009

There Heeerrre!!!

It is amazing what happens when the pollen arrives. Suddenly in the course of a 24 hour period you are reduced to snot. You know it has arrived when every where you go people are sneezing, no makeup, no contact lenses and lots of tissue paper!

Thursday Greg and I rode our bikes to our new favorite lunch place, Jackson Corner. We then went to the library with the wind blowing in our faces. It was glorious. Friday I ride my bike to a staff meeting and by the time I arrive I am sneezing and sneezing and sneezing some more. It is hard to believe the amount of mucous that is produced in a person with allergies. Highly medicated I spent Friday inside feeling pretty miserable. Saturday I hear the disc jockey complaining about her allergies and how much her sinuses hurt. I venture out to a coffee shop with my book bound and determined to spend a little bit of time in the sun.

Today I medicate up, pills, eye drops and inhaler so that I can enjoy the glorious 80 degree day. What ever was blooming yesterday is not bothering me so much today. Pollen is definitely got Bend in a vice grip. I can't complain though...because I got sun tea brewing on the front porch, I put my orchid plant outside and she is feeling mighty fine...and I only just sneezed for the first time today and it is 4:00PM!

No comments: