Sunday, March 1, 2009

When "He" plus "She" Equals "We"

Interesting article. As quoted by a professor of psychiatry and human behaviorist, "There are a lot fewer arguments, but, by the same token, studies show there tends to be much less passion, and a less passionate sex life, in these couples,"

Seem that if you think and speak as a single unit, life may only appear on the surface to be smooth. I have long ago given up the view that those four legged, four armed, 2=1 brained couples are living the ideal relationship. Although "we" have been married a long time, when speaking of the other half of we...I refer to him as "Greg"...after all he has got a name, a personal point of view and a personality that is his own.

I think the "we" must be a younger generations need to not be alone??? or if you are stuck at the hip and can't pursue your own dreams it must be love??? There never existed a "Brangelina" as I was growing up. But as I grew into a young adult it was the time of freedom for women, the struggle to have your own identity and then I had the added benefit of a mother who knew no limitations.

If I reflect on my conversations about what "we" are doing...I rarely use the word we...I use "Greg and I" single organisms who join together to do stuff with our individual likes and dislikes. Which then allows us to do what we like, without the other. Which then brings more interesting conversations to the table. Which then makes the other one look more interesting. Which then will then open the options of a passionate life.

No comments: