Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Oh My Aching Feet

I tell you, 10 hours working in the OR holding area getting people ready for surgery...whether it be scheduled or trauma, really makes you feel your age. My puppies were screaming by the time I got home. All I ate for dinner was crackers and cheese. My co worker and I were both sapped by the end of the shift and although I clocked out at 6:27 PM...3 minutes before the end of my shift I felt like those 3 minutes were a gift! Then walking out the doors and still seeing daylight....a miracle!!!!!

No matter how bad life gets, how sad I feel, the people I meet going into surgery give me a bigger gift than I give them. They make me kinder, less judgemental and grateful for the life I have chosen. For it is at this point the patients feel the most anxious, hungry, thirsty,tired, painful and angry. You really see the human race in it's highest or lowest potential. Each day I take away many profound and hysterical lessons.

Yesterdays....why does a guy need to wear a thick gold bracelet that takes 3 people and a improvised tool to get it off of him. Luckily for us it wasn't on the side he had accidentally whacked off.

No comments: