Monday, March 30, 2009

Mug Shots

The front page of the paper had a line up of mug shots. I think the person who takes the mug shots either doesn't know anything about photography, or knows exactly how to make you look your worst, or you are just so pissed off either at yourself or the establishment and it comes through the photo. I have never seen a good mug shot. The line up was part of an article called, "What's behind rise in worker theft?" 5 women, who I know if you saw them at work or on the street probably looked fabulous. I know for a fact that one of them was a snappy dresser...but in the mug shot they all come across as losers...with a big L.

If I ever get a mug shot I am going to insist on better lighting and a little make up...and I am going to smile. I know they don't have to look that bad. I had a passport photo taken of me and the photographer said you can't smile and to tilt my head down...I get checked out every time with a long hard look...because I look like a terrorist! Oh yeah, I have a "no no" in my quart size bag of toiletry items. I found out later that there is no rule about not smiling! Jerk! Now I am stuck with a passport for another 5 years that looks like I am sister to the guy they haven't caught in the middle east...or worst yet, his mother.

On the other hand the guy who took my DMV photo obviously caught the inner and outer beauty that represents me. I love my DMV photo, I didn't sign the back of my credit card so retailers would be forced to ask for my license. I love taking my DMV photo out, every single time they comment on the great photo. I don't care if I am 80, I am going to keep renewing with that photo!

Maybe "the man" will use my DMV photo for my mug shot! I doubt it, and this alone will keep me honest!

No comments: