Friday, March 6, 2009

Blazing Saddles

Well, I have had a nice 5 day cry fest and am ready to get back in the saddle. Although death is something I do not fear and recognize it as the circle of life, I still want to take time to recognize my feelings, reflect on the life of the person passing and understand the reasons for their life and death....now that last part is the one that always drags me along. For one...you never really know the whys. But what I do know is I am a fact gatherer...i don't jump to conclusions but really think and process before I come uncorked.

In the last week I was feeling down with all that I was hearing about the life and death of Stella. So I waited until I could get the facts and what I found is that everyone has their different judgement and opinion. You have to wade through it and find as close to the truth as you can.

Stella, had a difficult life but made the very best of it. She passed on with feelings of love and forgiveness. Those are the facts and that is all I needed to know, that this beautiful person left this world surrounded by love. The gathering in her memory drew 500 people! I am not sure 10 people would show up at my funeral. She had an impact on the world and the world came to say goodbye.

No comments: