Thursday, March 26, 2009

Chicken Little Arrived For A Visit

Chicken Little is the least favorite relative I have. She squats in my brain, taking up living space and is a little chicken pooper. Most of the time I don't even know she is there...I love those times. But more frequently of late she has shown up with all her squawking about the world and the sky falling!

I have to be very careful when she shows up because she is usually the barer of bad news, made up news and news of how my life is going down hill. Not only that, I usually spend way too much money when she is around. I succumb to my addictive personality and eat more than I should because who knows, there may not be any food left on the grocery shelves by next week!

She has a high pitched, screeching kind of voice and she is constantly moving in a hysterical way. My normally "cup half full" personality of gin and tonic turns to a "cup half empty" of Boone's Farm Strawberry wine with the screw cap....lol...see she is here right now...poking at me!

I figured I needed a "come to Jesus" conversation without the Jesus...so I turned to Greg for a good, honest conversation of what is really going on in my life...I have a job, I have health insurance, my bills are current, my oldest son and family are working hard and employed, my youngest son is successfully navigating college, enjoying the college experiences and is learning about life which is exactly what he should be doing at this point in his life, I have a mate to surpass most mates, I have good food in my house (that should take me through a famine...god, chicken little is still here), health, good friends and life for us is actually better this year than last year... if you don't take into account our retirement fund.

So what did I do today????

I kicked that sorry ass of a chicken little relative to the curb, put on my big girl panties and am heading to Portland to see my 5 favorite people!!!!!!! Ahhh...I think I have more brain space without her squatting there.

No comments: