Monday, March 9, 2009

Rom Com

When I first saw this term in a newspaper article this week I thought it was some kind of spy talk....but instead I found out that the era of the Rom Com (romantic comedy) has hindered more relationships than it provided good entertainment.

It seems that the recent generations of women who have grown up watching the Rom Com have expectations that don't exist. I have to admit that given the time and money a great chick flick is right up my alley. On the other hand I am going into the theater with 55+years of experience, a few relationships and a 31+ year marriage. With this background I can laugh hard enough to pee my pants.

What I can tell you is that....

He will not be able to read your mind
It is better to help him pick out the gifts he wants to give you
He won't always think your jokes are funny
Sometimes neither of you will be in the mood
You will not be dreamy eyed...except for the first few months
and he will not cry from the shear idea of loving you

But if you decide on the right person to spend your life with, you will...

know he is thinking of you several times a day
he loves to watch you pick out your own present
he'll laugh at you telling your funny joke and that will be funny on top of funny
Sometimes when neither of you are in the mood, snuggling will feel fabulous
he might not be dreamy eyed but he will light up at the sight of a good dinner
and he may not cry at the shear idea of loving you but he will be more excited about you than his car, toys or dog.

No comments: