Thursday, September 9, 2010

What Kind Of Day Is Today...

I noticed something about myself this morning while getting ready for work. It took me about a minute or more to decide what earring I was going to wear. Was today a big earring day...or a small earring day...and the choice was directly related to how I was feeling. My earring choice is a symbol of the mood I am in...I didn't know this. But now that I think about it...I have a large collection of earring only a few of which I myself have purchased, the rest have been gifts. The giver has always told me...when I saw these earring I though of you. Maybe that is why my earring have an emotional component.



Kind of like the mood rings of the 60's and 70's I guess my earring are my mood symbol. I have flashy earring, big hoops, small hoops and studs. I have earring that have people hanging from umbrellas. I have earring that were my mother in laws and so they remind me of her. I have dangle ones, jeweled ones...I have ones that I purchased in Hungary.



Today is a small hoop day...I am a little tired, slightly down in the dumps and can't wait for tomorrow when I am off and can play in my sewing room...so I am wearing small sliver hoops...just enough to know they are there, not too flashy...the perfect earrings for my mood.


No comments: