Friday, September 10, 2010

Happy Birthday Peter

Happy Birthday...31 years...wow! I remember when I found out I was going to have a baby. Surprised and excited! My pregnancy was a breeze in terms of morning sickness, mild and only occasionally in the first 3 months. What was unusual about it was...I ate watermelon at least 3 times a day. Greg would have to go out and find me some MELON!!!! We were living in a one bedroom apartment and decided we needed to move to create family space for this new addition. We bought our first place, a 2 bedroom townhouse and I set out to decorate the baby's room. It was bright and cheery, life was changing faster than we could have imagined.


My pregnancy was so mild that I worked up until 2 days before I went into labor. I started labor in the afternoon and wondered if this was it??? Piece of cake! Over the next few hours I called the doctor a couple of times, stayed up most of the night watching old black and white movies. Early evening the next day we went to the hospital and although I can say my labor and delivery ended up not being the most pleasant experience I have had...it was a first step towards my going back to school and becoming a labor nurse.


Labor and Delivery was hard on my sweet baby...he had a pointed head...and I mean SNL Cone Heads kind of cone head. But you were soooo knowing...I knew my baby had an old soul and I would teach him as much as I would learn from him.


Happy Birthday Baby!

No comments: