Wednesday, September 22, 2010

My fridge arrived yesterday morning. On an earlier blog I talked about what a fridge says about you inside and out. The photos, magnets, artwork that are hanging on the front and also what items you have on the inside.


So, as our fridge was on it's last breath I went out shopping for a new one. I had definite size restrictions because of the cabinetry...which resulted in a style restriction. I had been taking a poll on what style people liked and why. The majority liked french doors, freezer on the bottom. So that is what I went looking for and found out that it just wouldn't fit into our space. Much like our expectations about lots of things in our lives...it just won't fit. Once I accepted the limitations I then went looking for what would fit, compared cost, amenities and style...made a choice and now will live with it.


I found shopping for a fridge such a parody to life.


The fridge arrives...but, first the old had to be removed, the area cleaned and the new one placed. As with new things we choose in life, you have to see...does it fit, do I like it...And so goes with the fridge. It looks pretty, it fit in the space but the process of getting it to running temperature allowed me to let it be for a while. Enzo also had to adjust...at first he was reluctant to accept the new fridge...staying out of the kitchen, checking it out from afar...he gets it, that anything we choose new in our lives has to be examined and adjusted too...and giving up the old takes time.


By 3:00 PM it was ready to be filled. It was a clean slate, ready to have something written upon it...I was amazed that by cleaning out the old and filling in something new, it fit better...I could see better and I had made a good choice.


The big surprise, magnets do not stick to the front. WOW, no photos, no funny saying on magnets, no special cards...no reminders of the old. WOW...a clean slate forever. I feel cleansed. Sometimes giving up the old patterns, choices, behaviors and stuff can allow you to choose something new for yourself...and sometimes the new fits into the old spaces.

No comments: