Monday, September 6, 2010

How To Make Your First $1 Million



This is a photo of 100 million dollars. Wow. I was reading an article on how several billionaires lead frugal lives. We all hear about the 66,000 sq. ft Bill Gates house...but, there are in fact several billionaires who live in the first home they ever bought, who drive domestic cars until they fall apart, who walk, bike or use public transportation...who don't own designer clothes but buy off the rack...who do not have planes, yachts or a collection of cars and as Warren Buffets says, "all those toys are just a pain in the butt." When we look at our fellow citizens and marvel at all they have, their fancy cars, tropic vacations, designer purses...you have to know that most of that is deprecating possessions and a lot of it is not yet paid for...



I used to laugh at some the things my mother did as I was growing up but many of them I have adopted in my own life. She is an active, comfortable senior citizen who doesn't have to worry about how she will make the next months bills...so why wouldn't I pay attention to the choices she is making...and as I near retirement age I wish I hadn't had all those lattes...because now I can see maybe I could have retired a year earlier????



As a parent I know the examples we set for our children can serve them or create problems for them...but what I love is that I am open enough to learn from my children...and I am finding that I do not have to buy a $3-5 dollar coffee...I can just have plain coffee or make my own latte at home...



Here is an interesting slide show...I am finally getting it...

No comments: