Saturday, May 8, 2010

Today Is The Day!

It is amazing how fast 4 1/2 months can fly by when you are getting ready for a wedding. But...here it is...today is the day.  Rehearsal went well, we ironed out some issues and as we did our final walk through we were crying.  It is really happening. A new family is joined.

Rehearsal dinner...well...it was amazing.  I never would have thought 43 people could have enjoyed a meal in my house.  But enjoy we did.  Enzo had his first sleep over with his friend Brim and he had a good time also.

Today is the day...it is hard to believe...as I sit here in my PJ's drinking coffee and thinking about what last minute things have to be done.  I am so happy for my son.  As in Indiana Jones...he choose well.  Robin delivered the flowers, guest book, cake cutting set and the head table arrangement to the High Desert Museum this morning.  GG (my mom) left a gallon jar of oragami cranes folded by her friends as a symbol of good luck to be scattered on the tables. 
Here are my $1.00 crystal glasses blown in the Czech Republic found on a clearance table in TJ Maxx and engraved with their names! LOL

The girls will be getting ready at Peter and Sarah's room at the Riverhouse and the boys will be dressing here at our house. 

After every one left I went upstairs and told Greg I could die right now and be happy with the picture I left behind.  Peter and Connor sitting out on the deck in front of the firepit talking and relaxing together...just the two of them.

Life is Sweet!

No comments: