Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Survival 101

It is times like this...as in a wedding...that make you dig deep for your survival 101 skills.  It is the sheer brain drain...checking your list...remembering to make your list and then checking it...once, twice, three times, four times and holy @#$% I forgot that...and then starting all over again.

How does one make it through still functioning?  Friends and family.  I have had the encouragement of friends, their excitement, love and their offers to share and support the load.  Family who chip in to help make food, little paper cranes for the tables and travel hours to share the day.

Uncle Mo has been diligently working away at the unruly hillside...bonzaing eveything in site!  Robin has washed my windows, while whispering encouraging words and Ingre put together a "bridal survival kit" to be taken to the venue for the "what ifs."

I was dumbfounded when I found this kit on my front steps.  It was not only such a thoughtful gesture but was filled with items for every contingency.  Greg liked the duct tape!  Life can be controlled with duct tape.

Robin will be the official Enzo sitter during the Friday rehearsal dinner...because I know he would go insane with all those crotches to sniff...so off to barking boot camp for him.
It is events like a wedding which make you realize how wonderful life is and how important the people you care about are...each encouraging email...each one filled with excitment for us...fills my heart.

No comments: