Sunday, May 23, 2010

Please, God, Pick Another Name!

I was reading an article and a woman said her daily prayer was a plea..."Please, God, pick another name."  "She imagined a celestial hand reaching into the hat, the sound of shuffling papers as we hold our collective breath, waiting.  Who will be next? Who ever knows?"

It is a weight off my back knowing that I do not even think my name is in God's hat...in fact my God does not have a hat nor dole out experiences this way.  My God is there waiting to lend me an ear when life dumps a load in my vacinity. 

For me, life is life.  It unfolds based on choices and flukes.  We have total control over our choices...but accidents...well...they're accidents.  You cannot say, I accidently choose the wrong mate...but you could say I accidently ran over him 3 times. LOL

If you were to live by choice, then the outcomes are ones you either embrace or learn from...it isn't something to blame on God's Will.  God is there as a non judgemental listening pole...so the idea of asking him/her to pick another name...well, it does not make sense to me.  If you are asking a question of God...you really are asking the wrong "person."  If it is a question...then it is a question that should be asked of yourself and answered by yourself.

God actually gave you the power to pick or not pick your own name...each and every day...so do I say...

Good Luck or Good Choice?

No comments: