Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

I woke up this morning knowing this was going to be the best mother's day and the one I will be the most tired.  The wedding was wonderful, beyond expectations and surreal.  I apologize for the quality of the photos as these were taken with my little digital camera...better ones will follow.

Back to mothers, I cried, cried and did more crying.  My mother who was sitting next to me asked me why I was crying and I said I was so happy...she then put her arm around me.  A sweet memory I will cherish.  She as a grandmother had so much to be proud of last night as her 4 grandsons were absolutely magnificent!
I love this photo, mothers and sons, it says it all!
The groomsmen have all been friends since middle school and high school and one of their mother's said all she wanted for mother's day was a photo of the 4 of them in their tuxes!

These men were awesome and Byron was absolutely adorable.  It is hard to believe that I used to shut down the music in my garage so the tall one in the back could go to sleep!
Now my son is the one saying, "Time for bed Byron."  Surreal...and karmic.

Although the best of lives is filled with challenges my heart says this family of 3 will weather them better than most. 

They have the love and surpport of so many people.  They have the laughter and strength of commitment.

Mr. and Mrs. Peter Bates

1 comment:

Lil' Red said...

So beautiful! We had such a wonderful time at the wedding last night. And, of course, made some classic Shean-Jones memories as well! So. . . did YOU sign the guest book, Anna???

I'm so looking forward to spending more time with Peter and Sarah once we move to Portland. And so the family grows . . .