Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Happy Life

People tend to think that a happy life is one that is happy all the time.  But to define happy, one has to know how it feels to be sad.  Hardship is a pain in the #$%^ but I know that hardship gives me a gage to softship. LOL

This past week with all the visitors and family I was able to get a glimpse into how people deal with their hardships.  Are they victims or do they take their hardships and make a happy life.  There are some people who want their hardships to be your hardships.  There are people who try to sabotage your life so they can feel better about their life.  They create chaos.  For me I except that they feel best in chaos but I work hard at keeping a boundary so my hardship is my own and not their hardship. I never want my children to have to deal with my hardships, I never want them to feel responsible for making me feel better.  I am ok with my own hardship and as I make better and better choices my hardships become less and less.  Sometimes I have to limit the time I spend with chaotic individuals...even if they are family members.  I have in the past limited the amount of time my own children spend with these "hardship as in only ship" kind of people.  Families are made up of all kinds of personalities and you have to teach your children how to exsist with all kinds of people...but the biggest lesson is to give them the strength to not take on other's outlook about life but, to make your own.

As each family is created they will build a stronger link in the family chain as long as they are given the gift by their respective families to make their own hardships and master those themselves and not have to take on ours. 

No comments: