Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Quilting, Gardening and Life



Normally this time of year my quilting time is limited. Limited by the sun and my yard. But due to some things out of my control (like, the weather, a spectacular wedding and lots of family events) neither my quilt room nor my yard received the attention that I would normally bestow upon them.
Last week Greg and I, along with Mo hit the yard hard again. It was so gratifying to see the work I put into it last year...sprouted this year! And much like a quilt...the yard requires decisions about patterns and color. Surprising to me is that my quilting has not abated either. Due to the opening of a new quilt store, "QuiltWorks" my quilting has gotten a boost of energy. I am enjoying the time spent in my special place. My creativity has gotten a boost.
Like much of life each day, month and year gives me new information about how I want to live the days I have left. Maybe, that is what your 50's is all about. I started this blog to chronicle my thoughts, beliefs and questions about life in my 50's. With many starts, stops, mistakes and do overs I have discovered a few answers.
1. the 50's rock.
2. "do overs" are OK.
3. Give up the "What ifs" they are a waste of time and emotion
4. If my weight is my only struggle in life...so be it...I can keep working on it
5. Sleeveless clothing will never live in my closet
I am thinking that 60's is even going to be more interesting and I will find out what I didn't in my 50's

No comments: