Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Mindlfulness



This my task. Mindfulness. It seems like a simple task on the surface but in fact, it is the most challenging.

To be mindful...of what you think, what you do, what you eat, what you drink and how you are feeling.
What does it mean to be mindful? Well, for me it means to acknowledge what is right before me, whether it be a patient, a apple, a quilt or a friend...to not be distracted by the world and lose what is right in front of me.
I once sat with a very intelligent woman who was dating one of my sons. Although she was in conversation with me, she was constantly texting on her phone. It made me feel that my company was inconsequential. That, what was out there was far more interesting than my company. Mindfulness is not only good for our own souls, it also gives the gift of respect for other's time. By being mindful of who I am with and our conversation...I am saying...you, are important too me.
My goal for this year is to be mindful...mindful of who I am with, what I am doing, what I am eating and who I want to be.

No comments: