Monday, June 14, 2010

0400



When you have had 10 days of not having to wake up at 0400 you forget what that feels like. You forget the sounds and smells of 0400.
Waking up whenever your body tells you to wake up, is sweet. There is a natural rhythm and your body knows how to dance.
0400 is insane. Yes, I grew up hearing the early bird catches the worm and yes, I do need this moment to ease into the day...but 0400 is insane. You only know that 0400 is insane when you actually get a chance to sleep until your body tells you to get up. The bitter and sweet of getting up this morning at 0400 is, I know that retirement isn't far off...maybe about 5 years and I will get to wake up when I want too. This morning I didn't even hear the alarm go off (Greg had to turn a light on) I did get to see the sky change that beautiful color as the sun rises, I hear the birds chirping like crazy and I smell a skunk...ahhhh "eau du morning." As I head off to work I can dream of that day when I don't have to own an alarm!

No comments: