Saturday, April 3, 2010

Worm Attack!


I have been violated.  I cannot believe that there are people in the world who spend time and their intelligence just to create havoc in other peoples lives.  So I was listening to some YouTube video relaxing and a worm invaded my computer!  I mean invaded...as in we are taking over and eating every item in here.  No matter how hard my spyware and anitvirus programs worked the worm slithered faster!

Shutting down the system I took it to my DSI gurus who asked if this was a joke...afterall it was April 1st.  I wish!

They tried to catch the little sucker and was able to save a good portion of my files...but I lost my entire windows program and my email program.  Gone. Adios.  Although it took over a day to reinstall my files, load an new windows program and beef up my spyware, adware, firewall and virus scanner...that is not the biggest challange.

The Mt. Everest of my computer exisitence is that I have to figure out how to function with a new display, find where my old programs ended up, reload my favorites and truly decide how I want my email to function.  The DSI guys say that it is better to use Bendbroadband's email but they don't have cute stationary...or interesting fonts...and I have to figure out how to save stuff on my email....whaaaaaa.  Their rational is that if this happens again I won't lose my entire email system because it will be stored off site. Whaaaaaa.

I have to recollect my email addresses...and I greive the loss of some special emails that I saved to read on days that I am blue.  I know, sounds kinda stupid but haven't you ever saved special letters, cards....it's the same thing.

Now as we become more careful after a crime...I have been educated to be more careful on the computer.  The DSI guys say I have run updates and scans at least twice a month if not every week. 

No comments: