Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Feudbook

I was amazed this morning reading an aritcle called Feudbook.  The evolution of a friend network to a place where one can argue with each other.  So basically it starts out with a couple who argue back and forth on Facebook...one of their friends posts, "Hey, you guys know we can still see this right...?"  It is the equivalent of a computer slamming door when you are PO'd at someone... except millions, upon millions of people and more importantly those close to you can read about your arguement.  You can change your relationship status depending on how you are feeling that day and with this ability you can poke someone with the sharp end of a computer stick.

For some people who argue on Facebook, the battle for public opinion or  the need to have everyone know your side of the story is more important than good common sense.

I can remember several years ago a co-worker made the comment that I never say anything negative about my husband and that we have the perfect marriage...Well...for one thing...there is no such thing as a perfect marriage...marriage is made up of 2 human beings with their own set of personalites...secondly...it is no ones business what our issues are or how we solve them.  The one thing I DO know, is airing your issues with the public does not help you solve the problems...cause you are going to get a wide variety of answers depending on the issues all your friends/family carry around in their own lives.  People want to take sides.  I don't want anyone on my side, what I do want is to resolve whatever the issue is with the man I married, in the privacy of my own relationship.

So, for the many disagreements we have had, the solutions we have come up with together, the 100's of I'm sorries over the years...in the privacy of my own relationship...I do have the perfect marriage.

No comments: