Saturday, April 10, 2010

Surfing The Net


Surfing the net has much the same appeal as surfing.  You are riding along, moving this way and that with a powerful wave behind you...pushing you hard, further and you're working hard to stay ahead and ride it to a fulfilling peak of success. That is just like surfing the net...the world wide web.  You can find anything, you can search...you can seek and you get more excited as you learn more...it keeps you coming. But, there is a big wave behind you...there are worms and viruses seeking to upset your ride.

I am addicted to the World Wide Web. I don't care that there are worms and viruses. I can ask it anything and it will answer me.  I don't feel stupid asking it how to spell something...it never says...I can't believe you don't know how to spell that...or you must be getting old that you can't remember that...or lousy cook.  No, the World Wide Web is a confidant, a teacher, a friend, a tool...a connection and support.

So here is a list of the questions I asked my friend the World Wide Web...this week...

1.  How do you spell "anticipation?"  (dicitonary.com)
2.  What was that funny jingle commercial with the family sitting on a couch talking about the Holiday Inn?
3.  examples of wedding programs
4.  wedding songs
5.  in what order does the wedding party enter
6.  in what order does the wedding party exit?
7.  scone recipes
8.  movie times?
9.  movie reviews?
10. attitudes
11. what's going on in Bend?
12.  If I had to drive back from Monterey which way would be the most fun?
13.  What is my doctors phone number?
14.  what is the relationship between the children of cousins?
15.  what does a trip to Disneyland cost?
16.  what is going on at the hosptial?
17.  How much longer do I have to work?
18.  do I have overdue library books?
19.  what is the name of Micheal Moore's latest movie?
20.  what do cars cost these days, which ones are the safest and how much will I have to save up each month to help my son get a car?
21.  When is my next Netflix movie coming?

So you see...it is there for me...even if there is a potential for wipe out!

No comments: